- Re-cutting the Mrs. Doubtfire trailer. (Vimeo)
- Freedom Brown. (ZWR)
- Joe Banner is out as Eagles President. (The 700 Level)
- Looking at the terrible trade of Danny Mwanga from both sides. (Brotherly Game)
- Don’t you do it, don’t you make me like Giants fans. (Shutdown Corner)
- Manolo Preciado dies the day he agrees to coach Villareal. (Guardian)
- The trailer for the new Tarantino flick, Django Unchained. (Indie Wire)
- The “Good Job, Good Effort” Kid through history. (Deadspin)
- Cops in Brazil, man. (YouTube)
- Congrats to Philly’s own Will Fuller who becomes the 10th member of Penn State’s 2013 recruiting class. (BSD)
- Scott Walker wins the recall election in Wisconsin. The Koch Brothers celebrate by furiously beating each other off. (WaPo)
- While I can’t stand the song “Call Me Maybe”, Miami Dolphins cheerleaders. (YouTube)
- Both Ryan Howard and Chase Utley will DH in the most expensive extended spring training game ever. (philly.com)
- Chris Bosh’s masseuse died in Bosh’s house. (BDL)
- Freedom Brown. (Morning Call)
- Axl Rose had $200,000 of jewelry stolen. More importantly, Axl Rose had $200,000 of jewelry at one point. (NME)
- Yep, Jerry Sandusky is still the worst. (ABC)
- The 25 douchiest bars in Philly. (Complex)
- An oral history of The Wire. (Maxim)
- A typical step in the grieving process after losing a pet is to turn it into a helicopter. (Pop Sci h/t Mike Hass)
- New footage from The Dark Knight Rises. (Coming Soon)
- The Mets fan who stormed the field following Johan Santana’s no-hitter was jailed and missed his son’s first birthday. (BLS)
- Apparently the Celtics/Heat game ended in a tie. (BDL)
- The dangers of falling in love with baseball prospects by @atomicruckus. (ESPN)
- Penn State football landed its ninth recruit of the 2013 class. (BSD)
- Want to coach for Vandy? Better have a hot wife. (Dr. Saturday)
- lolz, T.O., lolz. (Shutdown Corner)
- Faith in humanity falling, falling, falling…gone. (YouTube)
- Here’s the trailer for the new Bourne flick. I always thought that Jeremy Rinner was a bit of a Streisand, but he’s rocking the shit in this one. (YouTube)
- The producer of an Anti-Obama segment on Fox & Friends lost his offer from CNN because of it. (NY Times)
- NYC mapped by rappers. (Boing Boing)
- Saving sports radio by making it less about sports. (Boston Magazine)
Welcome to our second DraftStreet.com FANTASY BASEBALL freeroll!
Similar to last time, when you join our FREE fantasy baseball challenge you can win up to $200 in cash.
If you haven’t heard yet, there’s a new way to play fantasy sports that turns the season long grind into one night leagues. It’s pretty sweet. The best part is that you can win cash every single day (if you don’t suck at fantasy sports). DraftStreet.com is the leader of this new trend in the fantasy world and has hooked us up with another great promotion for the MLB fantasy season: a FREE one-day fantasy league with $200 in prizes exclusively for Weems Army fans.
Basically this is how it works:
• You make an account (takes 30 seconds)
• You draft a team by Friday and get paid out as soon as the games end that night (if you win)
This free contest will be salary-cap style drafting where everyone tries to assemble the best team out of the available players. Each MLB player has been assigned a price based on their expected fantasy performance. You can adjust your roster up until the contest starts on FRIDAY, JUNE 1ST at 7:05pm ET at which time your rosters will lock, and the Live Scoreboard will be available.
Questions you may have:
1. Is it really free? YES, COMPLETELY!
2. Is it legal? YES, COMPLETELY!
3. Do I need to put in a credit card? NO!
- Terrell Owens is really doing well for himself; gets cut by Indoor Football League team. (Shutdown Corner)
- Former Eagles I’ve never heard of are suing the Eagles. (PFT)
- James Loney says what we’ve all been thinking about baseball umpires. (BLS)
- The naked guy who was eating the other guy’s face in Miami was high on bath salts. (CBS)
- You can now identify poor neighborhoods from space. Technology, man. (Grist)
- The Sixers have released the Brackins. (Twitter via LB)
- Cincinnati Red, Todd Frazier saves a man from choking. (BLS)
- Catching a kleptomaniac. (BIOTV)
- Pennsylvania is the worst state in the Northeast for Gay Rights. We’re basically the south. We suck. (Guardian)
- If Jeff Roberson doesn’t win the Pulitzer for photography for his work last night, there’s something wrong with the voting process. (The 700 Level *Semi-NSFW*)
- Robert Griffin III will be the first player in NFL history with Roman numerals on his jersey. (Shutdown Corner)
- The worst bobblehead in the history of baseball is Roy Halladay. (ZWR)
- Updating the Phillies farm system. Yep, still nothing there. (The Good Phight)
- Reasons to be optimistic about the Phillies season. (Crashburn)
- J.R. Smith was arrested in Miami. Of course he was. (CBS)